...just as a white crayon is.
That poor white crayon...nobody ever uses it. It just sits in the box (or at the bottom of the zip-lock bag) only getting attention from the colors around that share its space, waiting for it's owner to validate it's existence. One thing that white crayon's owner doesn't realize, is that because of it they're actually able to color with most of the different colors in their color palette. That white crayon is essential in the color spectrum, and because of it we're able to create serene colors, and we're able to design with monochromatic schemes which are the most popular choice in color design. The color white is so important, actually, that there's an ongoing debate in the color world about what a "true" white really is therefore also making it mysterious. Just because it's "colorless" doesn't mean it's unimportant, or undesired.
I'm sure you're wondering, what's my point? Why am I babbling on about a white crayon?
Being single, I often refer to myself as a white crayon which creates laughs with whoever I'm speaking with. I don't make this reference to say that I feel alone, or unwanted...rather, I use this reference to explain that I know I have importance but that I just haven't haven't found my color scheme yet. I've discovered, though, that I've spent so much of my dating life trying to be the perfect tint of someone else's hue to fit in their scheme, that I had simply lost sight of what I think is MY perfect tint, and then finding the right hue to match ME. Many single women have made this mistake, (some are still making it) and I just so happen to not be ashamed to admit it or else I wouldn't be writing about it publicly.
I recently read a quotation online that puts my analogy in perspective a little better:
“A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.”
To my fellow single ladies, who may feel like that white crayon, let me tell you there's light at the end of that tunnel. Yes, I'm still single, but I'm 100% more comfortable being single now than I have ever been before. I'm a busy white crayon...I involve myself in different activities and make friends everywhere I go. Despite being "colorless", I remain vibrant...I always wear a smile and leave impressions on people that I can only hope would result in nothing but positive memories shared at my funeral. I'm a goal oriented white crayon...despite not being tied to a color scheme yet, I keep myself busy by always working to perfect my tint- personally, intellectually, religiously, and physically. Lastly, by knowing all of this about me, I know that I don't need anyone to validate my existence in this world. I don't need to be colored with to know what positively, mysterious functions, I'm here to serve in this picture of life. What's meant to be will be, and in the interim it's important to be comfortable being alone, and to be able to love oneself to the highest degree. After all, you can't love anyone else if you can't love yourself, and if you can't enjoy hanging out with yourself nobody else is going to enjoy hanging out with you.
I find that I've been getting the question a lot about why I'm single, and blah blah blah...It's actually one of the worst questions you can ask a single woman by the way, just an FYI. Therefore, I felt the need to elaborate a little more on my single "status" and let the world know that I'm not uncomfortable being single, and that I'm able to be my unique self by knowing there's a hue that will match my tint perfectly. When that happens, I know it's going to be a beautiful color scheme that will be painted with around the world. Until then, I'm not stressing it!
Signed,
A Vibrant White Crayon
No comments:
Post a Comment